Well, we survived! We had a wonderful time. The kids are already talking about the next time we go they want their cousins Hannah and Taylor to go. The drive wasn't too bad. It took us about 13 hours to drive it. And who would have thought that their could be areas in the U.S. where you could drive for 3 hours and never pass a gas station, house or car. It was crazy. Of course, we were in Nowhere land between 9 pm and midnight. So that probably explains why we didn't pass a car. It was a little eerie. Plus on top of being in the middle of Nowhere Alli's poor little eardrum ruptured. What can you do??? We are in Nowhere land!
The kids got up on Friday and we hit the outdoors. They immediately threw themselves on the ground and made snow angels. The funny thing is they couldn't wait until we got in the open field they were in the drive way of this condo complex. Anyway, it show their excitement. I must say that playing in the snow is more tiring than swimming. We sledded for about 4 hours a day total and couldn't get food in us fast enough.
On Saturday night we took the kids to the ski resort and went tubing. Jason and the kids were very excited...me I could take it or leave it. Let me just say I had a slow tube plus kept my heels dug into the ice to keep me from going to fast. About 30 minutes in, Walker had a terrible fall. He flipped his tube at the bottom of the hill and hurt the right side of his face. The paramedic checked him out and said he appeared fine, but to watch him for the next couple of ours. So that ended our tubing experience. I can say I will never tube again and I doubt Alli will. It might take Walker a few years to be ready again.
Got home to Griffin at 9:30 pm on Sunday night. He just looked at us with this confused stare. I think he was mad at us for leaving him. He was way more excited to see Alli than anyone else. I guess we know who his favorite is!
I have finally caught up on laundry! Yea!!! That is the bad thing about vacations, but still can't wait to go on another one!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh I enjoyed reading your Blog so much today!!! Your trip sounded Fantastic!!!! But what on earth is "Tubing" ???
Excellent reading about your holiday!! What fun!! :-)
Wend..xxx
Post a Comment