Saturday, August 30, 2008

Dirt roads, wooden bridges and old churches...yum-o!

We made a spur of the moment trip to Tenaha to visit Jason's grandmother "Mother" and his aunt, uncle and cousins Kim and Stacie. For dinner we drove over to Center and ate at the big DQ, Mother's favorite eatery. After dinner we took the long way home and boy was it so worth it! Absolutely beautiful scenery and absolutely peaceful! I'd love to own a cabin way out there to visit on weekends. It was so pretty...
We drove upon the this old, old church and cemetary. It had wasp flying all around it which kept me from getting a good picture of the kids and Mother in front of it. But as soon as it cools off we are heading back for those pictures. I could have spent hours just walking around there if I hadn't of had to use the little girls room.
We happened upon a family of 5 deer. This one must of been the Mama...she froze like this until minutes later he 3 babies who where all stair stepped in age came running out of the bushes and on to safety. Sweet, sweet!
I'm going to put the rest of my Tenaha pictures in my online album. Feel free to look! It was a good day!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wendy said...

This looks like a film set!!!

McGrew Crew said...

I LOVE em', you did a great job!!