Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Not reading yet...

Today when Walker got in the car he announces, "We didn't learn to read today."
I said, "You didn't?"
"Nope I guess it'll be another day."
He really thought he was going to be able to pick up a book and start reading today. He is sooooo ready to start learning everything. He also said, (I'm going to try and type in his words), "I was good yesterday, but even goodin today!" He says the teacher told him that. He said, "I remembered not to run! Mommy you were right!" I told him yesterday that everyday he would get better and better at remembering and apparently now he believes me! But let me tell you...this kindergarten thing is wearing him out! He was soooo tired and whiny tonight that we put him to bed early! He has also eaten everything in sight since getting home at 1 p.m.

Alli is loving her class and teacher. I asked her today what they did and she said, "We went to a funeral!"
"A what?"
"We buried I CAN'T today"

So far so good! I'm not sure how school is wearing Griffin out, but wow was he a bear tonight. He got send to bed early as well!

So I'm off this the thing to watch Big Brother! Anyone else watch it? I think right now I am cheering for Dan. He might be the smartest player on the show, except this week I'm not sure what he was thinking...hopefully it'll work out for him!

2 comments:

My boys said...

So sorry Walker did come home reading Moby Dick!! LOL!! Too funny. I think Alli's teacher is great! My man needs to go to that funeral!!!

Wendy said...

I need to goto that funeral too:-) How funny!!
I'm sure Ryan will be shattered when he starts agian next Tuesday, Good to be back in a routine though. :-)
Tell Walker maybe a few more days before he can read "Harry Potter" eh!