This morning while I was getting ready for church, Griffin got up on his big boy bed,fell into the metal rails and got this huge egg on his forehead. I have never, in my 9 years of mothering, had a child with an egg this size on their forehead. It looked fake at first...
I'm so thankful that it didn't cut it open, cause by the looks of it we were very close to making a trip to the ER.
Can you see in the above picture how he looks like he has a horn growing?
But as you can see from the photo above, it certainly hasn't slowed him down!
I was home alone with the kids when it happened. I called J's parents to get over here and then I called my next door neighbor to come help. It really scared me and it didn't help that the older 2 were screaming in fear also! He's fine. Gave him a little tylenol, juice, snacks and a cartoon and he was good in 30 minutes or so!
FYI...the big boy bed is coming down. I just can't take the risk of that happening again. Poor guy!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
OMG!! Wow! Thats some egg!!! Doesn't seem to have stopped him though :-)
WOW!! Mason had to get 4 stitches in the back of his head on Thursday night and it did not even look like that. You are very lucky it did not split open. I am glad he is ok.
WHAT HAPPENED TO MASON? YES, WE WERE VERY CLOSE TO STITCHES...
How is the little guy doing? How is his poor little head?
Krys, Hows' Griffin? ..xx..
Griff is just fine. We didn't take him to the ER because the knot was out and not in. AND he acted just fine once it was all over. I kept him awake for a couple of hours before letting him nap. Now he still has a little bump and a mark down the center of it where he hit. Thanks for all your concerns. The big boy bed is officially on the back patio until Daddy gets home and can move it to the storage room. I certainly did not want that to happen again.
Poor Griffin! Glad to hear he is doing ok. I would have been a wreck, I don't do well with accidents. Thomas always is the one to keep me calm and reassure me that they bounce back easy.:)
Well, Jason wasn't home so I immediately called his parents and my next door neighbor. I tried to stay calm since the big kids were screaming, but inside I was worried!
Oh my...poor little guy!! I probably would have jump in the car and headed straight to the ER!! So scary, glad he's fine!! Love the pictures below of the bridge, you're becoming a pro with the camera!!
Post a Comment