I've been a "single" mom since Thursday evening. I can't imagine how you single moms do it full time. I'm worn out!
While I'm single parenting it (until tomorrow) my granny is staying with me. We are enjoying her. And I think she is enjoying us!
Today we had a very busy day. Alli had a 9 am basketball game. Walker had a 11:3o basketball game. And then Walker had a baseball clinic from 2-4 (thankfully my fil helped me out and took Walker to baseball).
So after a busy day and a much needed nap, we took the kids out to eat and then to Bealls! Exciting! I know! While eating Granny ran into an old friend who was out celebrating her 81st birthday today. They were chatting and catching up and telling old stories. I was listening catching bits and pieces. I heard her friend say my mom was "churning" that time in the back yard........
And I thought, churning...wow there's a word you don't hear anymore. I wonder what my grandchildren/greatgrandchildren will hear me saying and think the exact same thing?
Churning.....made me wonder!
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
First thing that came to my mind was texting...my mom was texting my dad! They'll be like what in the world is that????
Enjoy your Granny! I'm with you on the single parenting thing...and moms and dads that do this parenting thing without Grandparents (and Great-grandparents!)
That's funny! Before I even looked at Candice's comment, I was thinking texting, too! We must meet. Great minds think alike :) Less than 24 hours until the dads return!!! Woot!
I also thought texting immediately! So to be original I'll say blogging!
what about 'google'...I use that alot. When they kids ask me a questions -- "go Google it"...
I think all 3 of those things are it! I just think it is crazy to think she was talking about her mom churning and that was about 60-70 yrs ago. I'm amazed at how fast things change. It'll be interesting!
Churning. hmmm. Not sure I have ever heard it that way :)
I thought texting as well, but it might be one more generation off. I think our kids will text for some portion of time. I just saw a shirt on clearance at Wal-Mart that said "I (heart) to TXT". Which I thought was sort of funny in a size child 6! My six year old is NOT texting!!!
Post a Comment