Friday, June 24, 2011

Woo Hoo! We are surviving swim lessons!


First day of lessons was on Monday!
And he was all smiles!


And then they made him go under. And he did not like that at all. And then he cried and one of the coaches had no patience with him and he dunked him and dunked him and dunked him. It was all this mama could do not to run out there and grab my child and run. But I didn't. I sat patiently. Left the pool and knew that the next day I would need to have a talk to the older coach. So I did. Explained that Griff was not afraid of the water before lessons and I really needed his younger brother, who was helping him coach, not dunk him like that ever again. And just to be patient with him and he would get it!

So, here we are on Day 4 and my boy is swimming with his face completely in the water!






And my boy has jumped off the diamond board 3 times now!






And is all smiles when he comes up!




I am sooo happy he was able to calm down and work with these young men and get it!




Because he is having a blast now!




My sweet 4 year old!

Oh and btw...I've nicknamed his head Coach Prince William. His name is really Sam, but I think he looks like Prince Will ;)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: